"the staff at Stafford Hospital are "golden""

About: New Cross Hospital Stafford Hospital / Accident and emergency

In late September my husband took a funny turn, and suddenly became very poorly. 10 or 11 years ago my husband had a stroke and so I immediately knew that it was happening again.

I called an ambulance and we were both taken to Stafford Hospital. We went in to A & E and I was so reassured by the wonderful team work and how on the ball the staff were. A & E was very busy but the staff seemed to be working efficiently and were ever so kind.

My husband after being assessed and having a scan was then taken to Wolverhampton where they have specialist stroke facilities.

I can only describe the staff at Stafford Hospital as "golden" and I do not think even if I was as rich as Elton John I could have received better care.

I understand there has been so much negative press about Stafford Hospital that I just wanted to give my positive story!

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "Joint587"

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience of our A+E department. I have shared your comments with the A&E staff. We are delighted that we helped to support yourself and your husband at what must have been a very difficult time.

Kind Regards