"We left the hospital feeling very grateful for the..."

About: Russells Hall Hospital

My husband and I visited with our grandson, aged three, who had split his upper lip. Of course we had to wait a very long time to be seen, but eventually it was decided that one stitch was needed. The Doctor was fantastic: he was kind, patient.understanding and answered all my grandson's questions. On the third attempt he was able to stitch the lip. otherwise a short stay in hospital would have been needed for anaesthetic.

Thank you again.

Since we had to wait in the main A and E waitng area, some toys and books would have been appreciated.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to give your feedback on your visit to Accident and Emergency. We are pleased to hear you, your husband and your grandson had such a positive experience. Our staff in A&E will be very pleased to hear your comments and we will ensure the matron in charge forwards them to the emergency team.

Hospitals can be a frightening place for our very young patients and giving them time to ask questions is very important. Thank you again for feeding back your experience.

Response from The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust