"Terrible Care for my Grandad received at Southend Hospital"

About: Southend Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

My grandad has been in hospital for over a week and during this time the care he has received has been disgusting. Since day one he as complained of having a sore throat and therefore asked for something to help ease the pain. Over a week on he has still not received anything for it and relatives have asked again and again and keep being told that they will get something. There are various other problems that he has experienced during his stay and I am totally disgusted with how he as an elderly man has been treated and cared for. Also the floor is dirty, some staff are rude and don't provide the care and help that they should be. I cannot wait for him to be discharged so he is back at home.

Response from Patient Opinion

Thank you for telling your story. It sounds like your granddad has had a difficult time. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We recommend that you talk to the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) at Southend Hospital, as they are there to help resolve patient and family concerns about treatment.

Contact them by phone (01702 226159) or email (Pals@southend.nhs.uk).