"P.M. patient visiting"

About: The Royal Glamorgan Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Arrived at the hospital to visit my mother in law who is extremely ill, my wife and I had been requested by the hospital to take my father in law to the hospital to sign a consent form for treatment.

My father in law is 88 and suffers from ill health, therefore he had to be taken to the nearest entrance, the south entrance whilst he waited for me to find a space to park the car.

The only space was in a car park by the south entrance. A car park I had used on a regular basis for a number of weeks as both my in laws had been taken into wards 14/20.

However on this day when I returned to the car, a parking ticket for £60 and been placed on the car and new signs erected that day or the day before.

I should add that I am 68 and are receiving treatment for an ankle injury which restricts the distance I can walk

Response from Madeleine Brindley, Head of Communications, Cwm Taf NHS Trust

I'm sorry that your recent visit to the Royal Glamorgan Hospital didn't live up to your expectations. If you would like to contact us directly regarding the parking ticket you received we can look into the matter. The email address is cthb_concerns@wales. nhs. uk.

Madeleine Brindley, head of communications, Cwm Taf Health Board