"Hairdresser and meals at Lings Bar"

About: Lings Bar Hospital / Inpatient nursing and rehabilitation

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I would like a hairdresser as it boosts morale.

I feel two cooked meals are too much, I would much prefer a snack choice.

Thank you for your comments we appreciate all feedback from our patients as it helps us to shape the service to improve it and developing it continually.

The debate with regard to the hairdresser service is ongoing with the PCT - we do appreciate how this can improve morale for patients and will take all requests seriously. I cannot promise a speedy solution but do acknowledge the comments raised and will continue the discussions.

I am sorry that you felt 2 cooked meals are too much for you - there is always a selection of sandwiches available as an alternative - we have to ensure all patients dietary needs are catered for but try our best to ensure a varied menu with as many options for choice is available as well. I will remind the teams to ensure they offer the sandwiches to patients as an alternative so that a choice can be made that does not include a hot meal.

Thank you again for your comments.

Response from Sara Jane Ashmore, Interim General Manager for Rushcliffe, Rushcliffe Locality, County Health Partnerships We have made a change

I am pleased to say that we are now progressing the hairdresser for Lings Bar hospital and have recently met with a mobile hairdresser known within the trust who is keen to come to Lings Bar each week to provide a service. This will now go for final approval with the ward managers and via human resources and we hope to be in a position to have a regular hairdressing service on the wards from the new year.

Thank you for raising your comments as this has enabled us to progress and hopefully reinstate the service that means so much to our patients.