"Rotherham Coeliac service is invaluable"

About: Adult community services / Nutrition and dietetics

Had to fill in questionnaire for my situation- some of the questions don't seem to apply.

Overall I think the new arrangement for receiving gluten-free products is excellent. I am able to try other things and change my prescription without feeling I am a nuisance. (NB The surgery never made me feel I was a nuisance-but I hated to be a bother)

I really wish this arrangement had been available when I was first diagnosed (1992). Especially as regular meetings are arranged with a dietician. The overall service is invaluable to anyone newly diagnosed. I wish it was available to all coeliacs. Rotherham is to be commended.

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Dimple240, many thanks for your posting on the Patient Opinion web site. Patient feedback is important to us and it is good to know that overall you think the new arrangements for receiving gluten-free products is both excellent and invaluable and that you would commend it to all. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the staff concerned.

With best wishes,