"very reassuring"

About: Croydon University Hospital

I just cannot praise the A&E staff enough and want to thank them for the warm, welcome they gave us on a very busy Saturday night, they were polite, informative and extremely kind. Along with the nurse in the Ob's ward. Thank you both for your care and attention.

It could have been so much worse as a busy Saturday night but no the department was well staffed and I'd recommend to anyone.

Many of the chairs face the opposite way and if you are slightly hard of hearing you would not hear your name being called out by staff when being called for either Triage of through to Minors/Majors but it was clean and tidy!

Response from Croydon University Hospital

Thank you so much for your kind comments which have been passed onto the team who cared for you. We are glad you found the waiting area clean and tidy and we do understand the difficulties that the layout can pose, especially at busy times. We are looking at how we can improve this, but in the meantime staff do their best to ensure patients and the people who have come with them know what is going on while they are waiting.