"Disgustingly filthy!"

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I was highly impressed by the triage nurse and doctor. They were lovely and really helpful. They listened to what I had to say and respected it. How the cleanliness let everything down!

Was not impressed as the first doctor that walks through the waiting room was covered in a blood splatter getting ready to see a different patient. After seeing this I was called into the assessment room where sat a lovely triage nurse accompanied by bodily fluids flung up the wall and across the floor. I was appalled throughout with the cleanliness and hygiene that rooms are kept in. There is no excuse. This is the 3rd time we have been in and everytime there has been some hazardous substance (bodily fluids) sprayed across the walls or the floors we even have evidence of this, when my daughter of 2 was in.

Please please please I thought the main thing you are taught is cross contamination when working in a environment like such. It really lets the lovely staff down.

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I am really sorry to hear about your experience and have made sure that this is highlighted to the people who run the department. All of us want to be confident that we are being treated in a clean and safe environment and clearly improvements must be made.