"Not just a bad cold!"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Older people's healthcare

I just wanted to thank everyone who looked after my Grandmother. She was admitted to A&E with pneumonia, low blood pressure and dehydration, after repeatedly telling us she was fine and just had a bad cold! She was then moved to D57 ward, followed by D56 H. D. U.

The attention and friendliness of the staff, despite having other patients to attend to, and the care she received was outstanding. I'm only sorry that I can't thank each person involved personally. In her own words "They are gems, every one of them. "

The staff in all areas took the time to explain to my Mum and I what was happening, and we really appreciate their kindness, thank you.

Response from Jessica Haggett, Patient Experience Officer, Communications, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely feedback. We were pleased to hear of your Grandmother’s positive experience, and we greatly appreciate your kind words. We will ensure that your comments are shared with all staff you have mentioned.