"Hospital comment"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

Not much to be honest. The ward is clearly not busy at 8pm, most of the staff are standing around discussing cigarettes, the others are sitting around with little emphasis on actually carrying out their role. We've been shuffled into a side room and not really being given the attention we need or any real care. I can accept that bleeding heavily after a miscarriage may not be classed as an emergency but after an hour of waiting I would have expected someone to come and carry out an examination or at least make sure that we are ok.

Everything.

Short of tearing down Pilgrim Hospital and replacing it with an actual hospital that cares for patients before their national insurance expires, I'm afraid I am unable to offer any viable suggestions. The place is appalling.

On the plus side, the hospital can only get better, as it's impossible to fall lower than absolute rock bottom.

We've been waiting over an hour for an examination to ensure that heavy vaginal bleeding after a miscarriage is not something that we should be worrying about, only to be presented with an unqualified student nurse who bumbled around with faulty equipment, trying take a blood pressure reading.

Utterly abysmal care/service.

Your story was very hard to read and I would like to say sorry for what was clearly an extremely poor experience. The standards and the quality of care you have described fall way below what we expect and I can appreciate you leaving us with such a poor impression. I have shared this with the senior managers at Pilgrim Hospital on the understanding that they discuss with teams (I am assuming A&E and obstetrics) to ensure your experience is listened to and learned from. I wonder however whether you would be willing to discuss this further so we can drill down to specific areas and issues in order to address them, as whilst you have had a terrible experience we do have feedback that many of our staff and services do get it right - therefore it is helpful to know the details of where and when this is not the case? If so then please do not hesitate to contact me via: patient. involvement@ulh. nhs. uk. Please be assured though that even if you do not wish to further follow up we will still act upon your feedback.

Please once again accept my sincere apologies.

Response from Pilgrim Hospital

Your story was very hard to read and I would like to say sorry for what was clearly an extremely poorexperience. The standards and the quality of care you have described fall way below what we expect and I can appre ciate you leaving us with such a poor impression. I have shared this with the senior managers at Pilgrim Hospital on the understanding that they discuss with teams (I am assuming A&E and obstetrics) to ensure your experience is listened to and learned from. I wonder however whether you would be willing to discuss this further so we can drill down to specific areas and issues in order to address them, as whilst you have had a terrible experience we do have feedback that many of our staff and services do get it right - therefore it is helpful to know the details of where and when this is not the case? If so then please do not hesitate to contact me via: patient. involvement@ulh. nhs. uk. Please be assured though that even if you do not wish to further follow up we will still act upon your feedback.

Please once again accept my sincere apologies.