"Not pleasant and would be reluctant to go for..."

About: Salisbury District Hospital

My treatment by staff - always courteous and helpful, and kept me up to date with clinic progress.

Waiting facilities and timing of appointments. It was very hot, cramped and no room for wheelchairs etc.

I was kept waiting for nearly 2hours, then saw a consultant for only 3 minutes, just to be told that all my test results were normal. I knew this anyway, as I had spoken to my GP. However, when I received a summons I was in a state of anxiety as I thought something untoward had been found. Why could this information not have been sent by mail/ email? This would have saved me time, petrol and parking fees, and saved hospital resources.

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

Thank you for telling us about your treatment here at Salisbury District Hospital. We are pleased that you found our staff to be courteous and respectful.

Your comments about the value of your most recent appointment are both useful and timely - we are working with local GP's to review how we can work more closely together to ensure that patients are well cared for by the most appropriate person. Using technology to improve communication is one of the things that we are exploring.

Best wishes and once again, thank you for your feedback