"Started as positive but went downhill rapidly."

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

The nurses were caring but, when I had a dizzy spell (and I wasn't even the person who was ill - I was visiting my mother!), they wouldn't let me sit for a few minutes on one of the chairs at the nurses' station and I was hustled off shakily to one of the day rooms.

Virtually no doctors and certainly no consultants available the whole time my mother was there (she had a stroke on Xmas Eve and left for the stroke unit in Dewsbury fhe following Thursday). Absolutely furious and confused - why is nobody working over Xmas and New Year? The fact that it's a holiday period is no excuse. Are you not supposed to get ill at Xmas? The same situation at Dewsbury. Absolutely ridiculous - we had to wait until well into the first week of 2012 to get a sensible conversation with anybody. And none of us is stupid - we refused to be fobbed off, which the staff obviously didn't like.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

Thank you for this feedback. Whilst it is difficult to comment meaningfully on a treatment episode from almost 12 months ago, we would mention that there is always a consultant on call over bank holiday periods, in addition to those staff rostered to work, so clinical advice is always available.