"like to thank everyone at the New Victoria for their care and attention"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Chemotherapy New Victoria Hospital / Day surgery

My recent health care experience involved me attending the New Victoria Hospital for quite extensive treatment and I cannot praise the staff and level of care I have received enough- it has been absolutely excellent.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in March 2012 and began a course of chemotherapy administered by the staff of Clinic P. The Oncologist and pharmacists did a great job and the Clinic P staff are an inspiration, creating an environment which is welcoming and upbeat despite the serious nature of the treatment. The nurses were unfailingly kind, patient and very efficient. When phoning into the clinic from home, with concerns I was always given excellent advice.

I have just left hospital following breast surgery and would like to thank the surgeon. Ms. Winters and her team for their great work and follow up care. The specialist breast nurses input has been invaluable to helping me to adjust and throughout the process. I was looked after, following the operation by a wonderful team of nurses in ward 3.

They were really fantastic, offering support, care and advice and genuine empathy and kindness. I was very lucky to have a single room and found the privacy to be a real comfort and an excellent environment in which to recuperate. I would like to thank everyone at the New Victoria for their care and attention.

Response from Alyson Goodwin, Quality and Theatre Coordinator, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Thanks you for taking the time to post about your positive experience. We are delighted and will pass on your encouraging comments to the theatre team and ward 3 staff.

Response from Natasha Brown, Clinic P, Unit Manager, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear attentive160,

I am greatfully for you kind comments about clinic P, it is nice to hear that your experience was good. I will pass on this praise to all the staff in clinic P.

Thanks Natasha Brown