"long wait for audiology appointment"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Audiology

Everything went well apart from a long wait. My appointment was for 9. 05am and I was not taken until 9. 40am. Why this wait?

When I was there at 9. 00am and only 3 others in the waiting area. I realise there were 4 clinics on but why such a long wait?

Staff were all nice and friendly- the receptionist seemed flustered at the desk at 9. 00am with a lot of papers and folders to sort out.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind feedback.

I will ensure that this is passed on to those involved and I am sure that they will be pleased to read your comments and questions.

I am sorry that this posting was not acknowledged at the time, we had a break in our use of Patient Opinion, but we have now resumed doing so, and I thought it was still important to acknowledge your posting and where appropriate to pass comments on.

Once again, thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.

The staff in service at the Audiology Department will be delighted to read your very thoughtful remarks.