"Excellent orthopaedic dept."

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital

Everything, except some aspects of the A&E Dept..

I had a very successful hip replacement.

The surgeon, theatre staff & all ward staff were professional, compassionate & understanding.

The cleanliness was completely satisfactory

I heard a few adverse comments about the food & drink. Personally, I went in for medical care, not for a hotel visit, but I found the food & drink completely satisfactory in quality & quantity.

On previous visits to A&E, I have always been surprised at how long the people I was accompanying had to wait.

The number of people waiting seemed to have no affect this on this( I understand triage - it did not seem to be getting applied)

There is a whiteboard & an expensive flat-screen TV giving an approx. waiting-time. The length of this waiting-time never seemed to change & the TV was superfluous to requirements.

How can it be estimated anyway if an efficient triage system were in place?

Once you get past the A&E & red-tape, the staff & treatment are absolutely 1st-class.

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

Thank you for bringing your observations to our attention. Patient’s feedback is essential to the Trust in order for us to improve our services for all our users.

Many thanks for your positive comments which will be passed on to the relevant departments.