"Seen quickly, treated brilliantly, clean and..."

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

I had to bring my Mum to A & E after she had a bizarre fall at home which left her with a nasty cut over her eye and a deep gash out of her arm which left her covered with blood and very faint and wobbly.

After a quick assessment we were shown to the urgent care unit and only had to wait a matter of a few minutes when we were called in and Mum was seen by a wonderful nurse who treated her with great respect and humour and calmed her down instantly.

Luckily she didnt need stitches, just steri strips and we were seen, treated and out again within about 20-30 minutes.

The unit was exceptionally clean, well organised and I couldn't fault the way that Mum was treated and we finished the traumatic incident off with a lovely cup of coffee at Costa in the hospital and went home within the hour.

I think it is so much better for minor injuries to be treated away from the major injuries area at A & E where you are likely to see car crash victims etc which can be quite distressing. Plus you get seen so much quicker.

Response from Head of Patient Engagement, Patient Safety and Quality, The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust We have made a change

At The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust we strive to provide the best possible care and to meet the expectations of all of our patients.

It is great to see that the work we are doing to improve people's experience in Emergency Department is having a positive effect. I will pass your comments directly to the team so they can read what patients are saying.

We are so pleased that you had a good experience of care, however if ever you need any help or feel you have any questions which remain unanswered, please do call our PALS team on 01279 827084 and - we will do everything we possibly can to help.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

Dear Izzybuzzy,

Thanks again for providing this feedback - it means alot to everyone at the hospital. I have passed on your feedback to some of the nursing staff and it made their day. I hope you don't have to come to the Emergency Department again, but, if you would like a tour of the new service, let us know and we will organise something for you.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is really appreciated.

As we always say, if ever you need any help with your care or feel you have any questions which remain unanswered, please do call me direct on 01279 827084 and I will try and get things in order.