"Thank you to the A&E porter"

About: Crawley Hospital / Accident and emergency

My father was admitted by ambulance to A&E on Friday 29th September approx 9pm

I just wanted to say a big thank you to the porter who looked after us and transported him to the ward. He was an absolute star on what was a very stressful night. I'm just so sorry I didn't get his name - if you manage to track him down please say thank you from me.

Dear gratefullady,

Thank you for your comments about the A&E Porter who helped you and your father on the 29th September.

As the Director responsible for portering - amongst other things - I'm very pleased that our staff helped you in the way that you have described. I'm confident I will be able to find out which porter it was and it would be really good if you could contact me so that I could let you know that I have been able to do so.

My telephone number is 01737 231988 or you can e-mail me at ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk

Ian

Dear Gratefullady

I am pleased to say that we have now identified the porter concerned and we will ensure that he is thanked personally for the help that he gave you. We will also ask him if he's happy that we pass his contact details to you if you wish to have them? We would do this privately as I have your e-mail address.

Once again thank-you for your comments which are much appreciated.

Ian