"Excellent nurses, abrupt surgeon"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Day surgery

I had an excellent experience at the day surgery of the New Victoria. The nursing staff were excellent, attentive, caring and supportive. Their manner with all patients was excellent.

My nurse, Alison Murphy, was first class and reassured me when I felt anxious after my discussion with the surgeon. It was only the surgeon who I felt let the department down. The surgeon spoke far too loudly in the ward, so my issues weren't confidential and their manner was abrupt and lacked any compassion.

Hence why the fabulous nurses job was even more crucial as I was so anxious I nearly changed my mind about the operation. The anaesthetist was also very helpful with a good manner.

Response from Alyson Goodwin, Quality and Theatre Coordinator, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

We are thrilled to hear this feedback, thank you for taking your time to let us all know about this. I have forwarded your compliment to Alison as I’m sure she will appreciate the positive feedback. We’d like to apologise that you felt let down by the surgeon. We take confidentiality very seriously and your comments will be circulated to the common staff areas to highlight this issue.