"everything was explained and I knew what to expect"

About: New Victoria Hospital / Day surgery

Partial Haemorrhoidectomy at New Victoria Hospital, Glasgow. From my first appointment with Mr. Miller to my discharge after my operation I have nothing but praise for the way I was treated by all staff involved.

Everything was explained to me and I knew what to expect.

The only area that requires improvement was that on the clerical side when they did not return phone calls as was stated in the letter and on the answer machine.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind feedback. I will ensure that this is passed on to those involved and I am sure that they will be very pleased to read your comments.

I am sorry that this posting was not acknowledged at the time, we had a break in our use of Patient Opinion, but we have now resumed doing so, and I thought it was still important to acknowledge your posting and where appropriate to pass comments on.

Once again, thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.

Both Mr Miller and the staff who cared for you through your stay at the New Victoria hospital will be delighted to read your very thoughtful remarks.