"Angry with service"

About: Knowsley NHS Walk-in Centre, Huyton

(as a parent/guardian),

I came to Nutgrove Villa in August with my young old sick child. Firstly, the person at the triage, I felt was rude. My daughter's temperature was 39. 9. I was asked when I last gave her calpol (which was 2. 30pm ) it was now 6. 00pm and too early to give her the next dose.

I felt I was spoken to like I was stupid.

After waiting an hour and being told my young baby had a severe case of septic tonsillitis, I was told there was no prescriber on duty?! What is the point in that?

Why have sick people in the waiting room who could potentially be waiting up to 3 hours, to then be told we will ring a doctor? There is no point at all.

Had I known this when I arrived I would have taken my baby to hospital.

Response from Jacqui Sellek, PALS Co-ordinator, Patient Advice Liaison Service, Community Health Services at 5 Boroughs NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Joker636

I am sorry that your experience of the Walk in Centre was not a good one. I would like the opportunity to investigate in more detail in order to provide you with a satisfactory response. If you would like me to do this, could you please contact our PALS (Patient Advice & Liaison Service ) staff and provide them with your contact details. PALS can be contacted on 0151 244 3454 or 0151 244 3453.

With many thanks.