"My hip appointment at Musgrove Park"

About: Musgrove Park Hospital

Just recently, I was called to Musgrove Park Hospital about my metal-on-metal hip joint.

After checking in, I was called quickly for X-rays. Very soon afterwards a consultant saw me and explained the chances of my joint causing metallic elements in my blood. This calmed me.

She explained I'd now had a blood test and the result would take 4-6 weeks. My whole visit lasted less than an hour and I found all the staff very helpful.

I hardly needed the book I brought to read!

Response from Lucy Nicholls, Development Officer, Somerset LINk

Hello,

This story was submitted from a Somerset patient as part of our 'Patient Stories' project. As the independent patient organisation for Somerset, the Somerset Local Involvement Network (LINk) gathers stories from patients across Somerset. Where we can, we post some of these stories on Patient Opinion to give local services an opportunity to respond to patients, improve their services and share good practice.

We're really glad to hear about your positive experience at Musgrove and glad that all is well with your hip joint.

We do thank this patient for sharing their story with us.

Best wishes,

LUCY

Response from Martine Price, Head of Patient Experience, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback, this has been forwarded onto the team

Many thanks