"Very good experience, apart from the appendicitis...."

About: East Surrey Hospital

Entered A&E Saturday 8th Sept 2012 - lunchtime. Admitted within 15 mins even though busy with sports injuries. Triage nurse reacted quickly when I felt faint. Abdominal pain symptoms. A&E doctor gave me a run down of possibilities and what tests. Delayed scans because of volume of patients (those sports injuries again), but in SAU by tea time. Suspected appendicitis. Surgical team visited and booked me in for surgery Sunday am. SAU team were great under the trying circumstances they have, particularly one nurse from Woverhanpton. Didn't get her name.

Surgey on time, Surgical team, Anesthetic team and proters were all brilliant. Taken to Brook Ward for recovery. Again exceptionally good care and accomodation. aprt from some bland and lukewarm food (Again, I appreciate the difficulties). Discharged monday afternoon. Staf were attentive and very good to me.

Please pass on huge thanks to A&E, SAU, Surgical team and Brook Ward for all they did...

Food could have been improved, but its a quibble

Response from Fionnula Robinson, Director of Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear BJ Hawtin

Saturday and sports injuries - synonymous with the NHS! I'm glad we negotiated you around them and hope you're now fully recovered. Sorry about the food but we are piloting heated trollies to improve the food service to our wards and hope to roll-out them out hospital-wide in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,