"exceptional care given and sensitive attitude of..."

About: Torbay Hospital

My mother was brought into accident and emergency on 20 Aug then transferred to EAU where she died later the same day. Both my mother and I were treated exceptionally well by all the staff who did everything they could for her. Sadly, she had suffered a ruptured aortic aneurysm in her abdomen and there was no treatment for her except for pain relief and sedation, which she was given promptly. My daughter and I attended the ward and were treated with sensitivity and care, and the diagnosis was explained clearly. I was extremely impressed with everything about the hospital and the way my mum was cared for and also the way the staff looked after my daughter and me. I have sent a thank you card to EAU as I really appreciate what everyone did.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear Ms Atkinson

We were very sorry to hear that your mother sadly passed away; please accept our condolences. It is good to hear that you were well looked after during what must have been a very distressing time. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience.

South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust