About: Darlington Memorial Hospital

I was dealt with immediately I set foot on the Ward 31, did not have to wait. I was in severe pain and was immediately given pain relief to alleviate the pain before anything else was done. This was very much appreciated. Everyone was polite and very efficient/professional. I had acute appendicitis but because my appendix was not where it should have been the diagnosis was difficult. The consultant immediately asked for a CT scan to help with the diagnosis and immediately after the scan I was taken to theatre for an appendectomy.

I cannot say enough good things about Wards 31 and the staff there. Because of the state of the appendix they almost certainly aved my life. You can't get better than that.

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Dear Mr Wakefield,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent admission to Ward 31 at Darlington Memorial Hospital.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team