"Caring professional and kind. Thankyou so much."

About: Southend Hospital

I attended A & E on 4th Sept with bad chest and back pains. My Gp had been treating me for pulled muscles. I was seen very quickly and a ecg was taken. I was within 10 mins called in to see the triage nurse who listened to what was wrong and also took the trouble to get me some pain killers. I was sent back to waiting area and my tablets were brought to me with a glass of water. Within 15 mins I was called by the Doctor who again went through all of my symptoms patiently. He examined me and make the decision that I am suffering from costochondritis. He changed my medication and gave me a letter for my GP with his recommendations. I am so grateful to the staff who helped me so much and I left the hospital feeling happier that although this condition is very painful Im not having a heart attack and that it will go in time and with proper pain management I would be ok. I took the new medication and for the first time in 8 weeks I had a complete nights sleep. So I would certainly recommend this hospital to anyone as the service i received was excellent.

The service I received could not have been improved.

Response from Southend Hospital

Many thanks for sharing your positive experiences with us. We are pleased that our A&E team were able to reassure you and provide you with treatment. Your kind comments will be fed back to the team and we wish you a good recovery from your problem.