"My expectations exceeded "
About: Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr Hengoed CF82 7EP
Posted by D_OPST (as ),
I have recent been diagnosed with thyriod problems and was given the choice of where I would like to be referred. I chose the new Day Hospital at Ystrad Mynach. So my experience last Wednesday was as follows
1) Car parking - Took a couple of times tying to get into the car- park needs slightly better signage as at the moment it looks like drop off only when it is actually also the way to the main carpark. But amazingly no car parking charges!
2) The lay out is designed so that can get to the lifts and hospital on one level and can get from car to hospital all undercover which is great for the Welsh weather.
3) outpatients physical environment was designed thoughtfully - with the installation of a screen and announcement system you were able to sit in the cafe area and wait for your appointment not restricted to the Outpaitent waiting area. Timing was impeccable, no hours of waiting. My appt was called exactly on time.
4) Clinical Team- were friendly positive and professional. The Consultant was amazing spent time to explain the condition; gave me a detailed prognosis, without being patronsing.
5) follow up tests - fast and efficient
6) Follow up call and prescription - the next day, once the test results were in, I was called by the Consultants PA exactly as had been promised with no need to chase. I collected my presciption and my follow up appt is in 4 weeks time.
I work in the NHS and I know how much planning goes into making sure a patient interaction is as positive as mine was last week. I was particularly fortunate to be referred to a consultant who was so passionate about what he does and clearly cares deeply about patient care.
So Ystrad Mynach you have set very a high bar - will keep you posted in 4 weeks!