"Good diabetes care"

About: Gartnavel Royal Hospital

I'd like to sing the praises of Gartnavel hospital and the diabetes care I receive. I've been registered with the hospital for 10 years; latterly as pump patient.

The care and attention provided by Dr Small and Heather Maxwell is absolutely excellent (and top marks to Fiona the receptionist too, who never minds that I always forget to bring my appointment card with me).

I've learned so much about diabetes in the last five years (it can be a difficult condition to live with) which will stand me in good stead for the future.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind feedback.

will ensure that this is passed on to those involved and I am sure that they will be very pleased to read your comments.

I am sorry that this posting was not acknowledged at the time, we had a break in our use of Patient Opinion, but we have now resumed doing so, and I thought it was still important to acknowledge your posting and where appropriate to pass comments on.

Once again, thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.

Dr Small and all of the staff who provide you with Diabetic care will be delighted to read your very thoughtful remarks.