"Efficient and thorough treatment, once we found..."

About: Croydon University Hospital

I came to Croydon University Hospital's A&E department on Saturday 25th August, as I had bleeding during early pregnancy. The whole A&E team, from the receptionist to the doctors were cordial and professional and I was seen quickly.

The doctor assured me that the bleeding was not serious, but went further to relieve my fears by asking a gynecology doctor to check me further. Unfortunately, I don't remember her name, but she was lovely and really went the extra mile to reassure me.

Thankfully, there was no harm done- but I was really pleased with the service I received and would like to thank all those who were involved in my care

NHS direct- I rang NHS Direct for advice before heading to the hospital. Their advice was to visit my GP. I headed to my GP only to be told to go to the hospital's Early Pregnancy Unit- surely NHS Direct should advise this instead, it would have saved me time!

Early Pregnancy Unit- I arrived at the hospital and headed to the Early Pregnancy Unit. The sign on the door states 'open 9-11', however it doesn't say when! We had to ask the Maternity Unit staff and ring the hospital switchboard to find out that it wasn't open on weekends- perhaps a more detailed sign is needed!

Response from Croydon University Hospital

Thank you so much for your kind words which we have shared with the team. We were concerned to learn you had difficulty getting information about the service and we will do what we can to improve that - especially getting a new sign for the door!