"The entire visit was unpleasant and distressful"
About: Milton Keynes Hospital Milton Keynes Hospital Milton Keynes MK6 5LD
Posted by User707580
What I liked
Day staff in the A&E observation ward were very helpful and went some way to restore what was otherwise a very unpleasant experience.
What could be improved
The entire visit was unpleasant and distressful
1. Reception staff where bored and un-interested
2. Triage nurse did not take a complete history
3. Staff were slow to react and we had to wait over 2 hours to be seen by a doctor despite the potential problem being time critical.
4. We had to chase and chase for pain relief.
5. Observation ward was undermanned on a Saturday night with one nurse for 12 patients
6. Nurse did not provide pain relief despite 3 requests.
7. No food or drink provided in 12 hours in the hospital.
Situation was so bad we even considered going to another hospital 40 miles away at one stage
It is quite clear that the hospital is completely under sized for the growth in Milton Keynes, it worked 10 years ago with a population 2/3rds smaller but is at crisis point now. I would avoid this hospital and use, Northampton, Aylesbury or Luton and Dustable if you have any choice.