"Efficent, effective, well managed and well..."

About: Colchester General Hospital

The staff on the Layer Marney ward are incredible. Out of multiple trips to hospital for my father in the last decade this is the first time I have been 100% happy with his treatment, ward management and communication. Really a first class service by all involved.

Communication to family is so important in these times and often it can feel that departments are not working together. But the A&E to EAU to WARD transfers were managed very well.

nothing, I'm really happy with this visit. Ideally while in we would have liked to had some Neurological advice / 2nd opinion but otherwise for what dad was admitted for everything went well.

Pass on my thanks to the Layer Marney ward and try to replicate their level of helpfulness, and effectiveness across other wards / teams.

Response from Colchester General Hospital

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to submit them. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive.

We have a quarterly At Our Best Awards scheme which recognises staff achievements and thanks them for what they do. It has a team category, an individual and a volunteer category.

You could enter the team/the person you were kind enough to write in about, by clicking here! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/At_Our_Best_Awards