"Praise for the Acute Cardiac Unit"

About: Stafford Hospital / Accident and emergency Stafford Hospital / Cardiology West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

A 58 year old man, I was taken into Stafford hospital two weeks ago suffering from chest pains. After initial treatment and assessment (including a chest X-ray) in A&E I was told that I would be staying in hospital and a bed was found for me in the ACU ward.

I ended up staying for about 48 hours; I was wired up to an ECG machine for most of this time and had regular blood tests, blood pressure tests etc. During the first night's stay the pains came back with a vengence: treatment was quick and eased the pain.

The good news was that I did not have any heart problems, but just to make doubly certain I had further ECG and blood pressure test whilst doing treadmill exercises.

I would just like to pass on my thanks to all the staff who looked after me during my short stay, I cannot praise them highly enough.

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "Donny Rover"

Thank you for taking the time to compliment and thank us for your recent stay in our hospital. I have shared this with the taff on the unit. I am delighted that your tests were OK, you must be very relieved with this good news.

Kind Regards

Angela Grocott

Head of Patient Experience

Response from Regional Head of Patient Experience, West Midlands Ambulance Service

Dear Donny Rover

I am pleased to hear you are making a good recovery following your chest pains.

If you were taken to hospital by West Midlands Ambulance Service we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience of our service. I would be grateful if you would consider contacting the Patient Experience Team either by emailing pals@wmas.nhs,uk or telephone 01384 246366.