"A big thank you for the wonderful care I received"

About: Good Hope Hospital / Gynaecology

Where I have marked the two poor grades (service punctuality/timeliness and getting the information I needed) this relates entirely to the incorrect appointments sent out, many phone calls prior to my appointment, each contradicting the previous which became really stressful. This made me worry that my actual treatment would be in some way inadequate.

I shouldn't have worried, the staff have been brilliant, caring, compassionate, efficient and dedicated.

Our NHS is a precious thing and deserves to be the envy of the world. I pray the government will stop eroding its services, underfunding and undervaluing the staff. I also pray the staff start finding the enthusiasm and indeed bravery to make our NHS now, live up to the ideals we started out with. Lets be proud of what we have and protect it.

A big thank you for the wonderful care I received.

Response from Susan Moore, Executive Lead Director, Good Hope Hospital

Dear Optimum919,

Thank you for your feedback .

I will pass this on to the teams;the booking department to review their systems as clearly you had some difficulty with appointments and the clinical team for whom you have high praise.

I hope you are well on the way to recovery and wish you well for the future.

Response from Simon Jarvis, Head of Patient Engagement, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Optimum919

Thank you for your kind words.

Unfortuntely, as you have highlighted, there are still some glitches with our booking system but I am pleased to say that the issues you describe are in the minority now. I do apologise for any worry or distress this caused you though and acknowledge this first impression is perhaps something we overlook in terms of how it might affect the patient's perceptions of the care and treatment they will receive.

May I take this opportunity to wish you well with your ongoing recovery and thank you again for taking the time to leave this message.

Best wishes