"excellent care today, the staff deserve you to..."

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

The Victoria Unit, which I visited today, looked after me brilliantly and all the staff were friendly , compassionate and helpful. The outside area was a lovely place to sit while waiting and much appreciated. Overall it was as painless as such a day could possibly have been.

Your staff were let down by the system that sends letters out to patients. Mine had no mention of what the appointment was actually for and as I have had several recent referrals I had to ring to check. Also I was not told the appointment would take all day. I pity people who had had to take time off work or had other sommitments! The staff were at pains to apologise but it was not their fault! You need to sort out the red tape and make sure relevant info is included, it's only fair when your frontline staff are working so hard.

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

We are pleased you found the staff friendly and helpful on your visit to the Victoria Unit at the Royal Oldham Hospital.

We are sorry to hear you were not told your appointment would be a long one.

We will forward your comments to the department manager for her to address your concerns.