"An experience I do not wish to repeat but a..."

About: Leighton Hospital

I would very much like to thank the doctor of A & E Leighton Hospital. He was the Doctor in attendance when I was taken in on Sunday 19th August 2012. This admittance was whilst I was staying at Crewe Hall Hotel for a weekend break. Away from home and hit by what would have appeared to be food poisoning. He was was calm, caring and very professional. He was most reassuring and made me feel as though I was as much in control of my own fate as I could be expected to be. Thank you so much for everything you did! Also, I would like to add my thanks to NHS 24 controller, paramedics, staff of A & E, staff of Observation Ward and last but not least of ward 3. Today, Tuesday 21st, I am back home feeling a little shakey but more myself. Please pass on my thanks to everyone concerned.

Response from Leighton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive experience while as a patient in Accident and Emergency and the Assessment Unit . I am sorry that your holiday was curtailed by your illness but reassured that you are now feeling better . Once again thank you for your comments which we will disseminate to relevant staff . John David, Lead Nurse, Emergency Care Division.