"A client's pathway, submitted on behalf of (DS)"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient) Queen's Medical Centre / General medicine

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I thought it important to let other's know of my positive experience of the NHS!

Throughout my 30 years of working, I have had several episodes of serious mental health, triggered by life events, the latest catalyst being the break up of my marriage. As a result, I took little interest in looking after myself, eating food, unconsciously substituting food for drinks with endless cups of tea and glasses of water.

Unfortunately, the consequence of this intake of excessive fluid was to lower the sodium levels within my body, I ended up in QMC on a life support machine. Medical staff nursed me back to health and I was discharged but the same pattern of non self care continued and within a month I was back on life support!

Again QMC nurtured my physical health but the treatment for my acute depression and anxiety required a two month stay at Wells Road before being transferred to Macmillan Close.

I was referred to the Social Inclusion and Wellbeing Service as a way forward, prior to discharge.

Thank you for your posting. I can see that Tim submitted your story on the website.

It was good to read about your positive experience of Adult Mental Heath and Physical H ealth services.

I hope the Social Inclusion & Well-being Service will help you get back on track.

Please let us know how you get on in the future.

Best wishes