"Excellent care in paediatric A and E"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

My son attended East Surrey paediatric A and E on Sunday after a fall in the park. He was seen and given painkillers very promptly so that emergency nurse practitioner Sally Stimpson was able to assess his injury.

She quickly actioned what she thought to be a broken leg, confirmed on x ray and within a very short space of time my son had a short term cast on. An appointment for review on Friday and we had been given advice on how to care for him this week.

Our thanks to Sally, Heather, Natalie and Davina for their prompt and efficient care, kindness to a distressed child and support to worried parents.

Impressed with the new facilities also.

Response from Fionnula Robinson, Director of Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Leg Fixed Now

I'm so glad that it is and hope it hasn't put your son off enjoying the park! I'll pass your kind comments to the ED team.

Kind regards,

Dear Leg Fixed Now,

As the Director responsible for our facilities I was pleased to read your comments about the new Children's Emergency Department. We've spent a long time and a lot of money trying to make it the best possible environment and we believe that we've succeeded. Work will be complete on the remaining adult areas in the next few weeks so all of ED will be of a comparable standard to the children's area.

This is just one part of a large range of projects at East Surrey Hospital aiming to improve patient experience so its particularly pleasing to know that they are working as we would wish them to.

Kind Regards