"Incidents of blurred vision"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Ophthalmology

I visited my GP as in the previous week I had had about four incidents when my vision blurred for about five minutes each time. I had in the previous ten years or so had the odd incident but not been concerned as there was usually a year or two between. My GP immediately telephoned the East Surrey Hospital and contacted me within an hour with an appointment the following morning in the Acute Medical Unit.

I arrived early but was seen immediately by a nurse and subsequently by Dr Chris Bruce, both of whom were charming and friendly. I then had various tests including a CT brain scan. Dr Bruce then returned with his consultant, Dr Natalie Powell, to discuss the results. She was equally charming and friendly and explained everything I needed to know in an open and concise manner. Both doctors made me feel very much at ease and I felt were prepared to give me as much time as I needed to discuss the symptoms and the results. Fortunately my diagnosis was minor.

The entire process was completed in about three hours and subsequently I received a copy of the letter sent to my GP.

I would like to commend this department for its efficiency and friendliness and thank the doctors and nursing staff for their kindness.

Response from Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you so much for your kind comments which will be passed onto Dr Bruce, Dr Powell and the AMU team.