"Somewhat disappointing and sloppy, but not without..."
About: Royal Oldham Hospital Royal Oldham Hospital Oldham OL1 2JH
Posted by Anonymous
What I liked
- The doctor's manner was fairly kind as was that of the nurses.
- The receptionists were polite.
- I was able to have a skin test instead of a blood test as it was better for me.
- My ears were cleaned even though I came with a throat complaint. Much appreciated!
What could be improved
- The doctor didn't seem to pay attention to what I communicated and misquoted me in his letter to my GP. He also didn't seem very knowledgeable about his field as he gave me some obviously doubtful advice relating to allergy management.
- I didn't appreciate being virtually ushered out by the nurse before I'd had time to ask any questions on what the doctor had said.
- I was discharged from the clinic despite no improvement whatsoever in my condition, which involves severe pain when speaking, causing huge ramifications for my life as a whole. The only suggestion was to "try not to think about it".
- The doctor was sloppy when writing my prescription and missed something out, also failing to give my GP sufficient detail on one of the drugs.
I feel I could have been treated better overall. I hope that the doctor and nurses can consider these comments with an open heart and that other patients may feel they have been given a better service.