"Patients time is not important to hospital staff."

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

Took my partner to a clinic for a 10:10 am appointment, was finally seen 1 hour and 20 minutes later. After 50 mins I asked some medical staff who were standing at reception if my partner had been overlooked and was told rudely and abruptly that she will be seen when the Doctor is ready.

I have to visit Mount Vernon Cancer Centre and if the clinic is running late they put up notices with the time you will expect to be delayed, why cant this system be done at the QE2. Even one of the staff at the clinic this morning stated they should be telling people.

Why do the Doctors and staff think they can keep people waiting without any information and no concern for the patients time.

I understand alas there are delays but it does not stop staff keeping people informed.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

Know what? We absolutely agree with you and will be sharing your comments with the team that manages the outpatients service at the QEII. They might want to follow it up with you and if you were willing for that to happen, maybe you could also drop us an e-mail to generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net