"Excellent care and attention"

About: Royal United Hospital

Following my chest pains on Wednesday 1 August 2012, I wanted to express my sincere appreciation to:

? the ambulance crew who collected me from Widcombe Surgery, carried out initial tests and transported me to A&E. When they brought in more patients they also came across to see how I was getting on.

? Staff Nurse for their friendly and reassuring manner and whose personal care and attention was very much appreciated.

? The doctor – who was very kind and professional in giving me a thorough examination and in returning to check on progress.

? the porters who ferried me to and from X-ray and to Ambulatory Care.

? the person who arranged for sandwiches, tea and water (I’m sorry I didn’t get their name) but would like them to know how grateful I was.

? the consultant who saw me in A&E and in Ambulatory Care (I’m sorry I didn’t get their name) who was so kind, especially considering that the ECG and blood tests were all clear and the fact that I was never given the impression that I was wasting hospital space and time.

I have read of criticism of the NHS in general, and the RUH in particular, but I have nothing but praise for the treatment I received on Wednesday. Many, many thanks.

No thanks

Response from Royal United Hospital

Mr Foster. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your experience at the RUH. We hope you continue to recover and regain your health.