"Treatment let down by administration."
About: The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (King's Lynn) The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (King's Lynn) King's Lynn PE30 4ET
Posted by Anonymous
What I liked
Care at this hospital has always been acceptable to good. My issue is with the "waste of money" appointment system - see below.
What could be improved
This is what it has taken for one out patient appointment to be made:
1. Referral from GP to hospital.
2. Letter from hospital asking patient to phone in to arrange an appointment.
3. Phone call from patient to hospital - convenient date agreed.
4. Letter from hospital confirming date. Patient must phone again to confirm attending.
5. Patient phones again, to confirm attending.
6. 48 hours later, hospital phones - must speak personally to patient, to check attending.
7. Following day, letter from hospital, sent first class, confirming appointment.
Is there any money left for patient treatment?
What was wrong with sending out an appointment, and asking people to phone if they could not manage the date?
Please look again at this system - it must be wasting the hospital's funds, as well as making patients pay for 2 phone calls.