"My experience at Dewsbury Hospital was faultless..."

About: Dewsbury & District Hospital

I was recently admitted to Gynaecology for marsupilisation of a very large Bartholin's cyst. I arrived in a lot of pain and with a high fever, bad headache and feeling very ill. The treatment, care and kindness I was shown from all the ward team and the theatre staff from the moment I entered the ward to the second I left was exceptional.

I was immediately settled in, seen by a Doctor and Consultant and operated on within 24 hours. I was fully informed and reassured about the procedure I was to have.

The nurses in particular were outstanding - not only caring, understanding and considerate but actually anticipating my needs with complete accuracy and insight. The atmosphere they strived to maintain on the ward (peaceful, calm, friendly) without a doubt assisted my recovery.

The communication between the ward, theatre staff and myself was seamless and faultless.

I cannot speak highly enough of the care I received and am so grateful - thank you so much. My local hospital is Pinderfields (which I have stayed in on a few occasions) - I will now be opting for Dewsbury if I require treatment in the future.

Nothing at all could have been improved - the ward and care was exceptional.

Response from Dewsbury & District Hospital

thank you very much indeed for these kind comments. We are delighted that you had a good experience and really apreciate you taking the time to post on the site.