About: Basildon University Hospital

I was treated very kindly by the consultant and nursing staff at my outpatient appointments. The same consultant came to see me before and after my surgery. Everyone was very encouraging.

My operation was cancelled quite a few times, it would have been useful to be advised what to do whilst still waiting. For example have routine blood tests to ensure levels weren't dropping further.

The ward staff were very helpful. Patient confidentiality was good however everyone (including the patient) should remember curtains are not soundproof and only offer the semblance of privacy! The porter who took me to have my operation was excellent, cheery, encouraging and explained thoroughly what was going on every step (or push) of the way.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We have noticed that a number of comments posted on the NHS Choices some time ago did not receive a posted response from the Trust, for which we offer our sincere apologies.

We would like to assure you that at the time your comments were posted they were shared with the relevant departments.

Feedback from patients and/or their relatives/carers is always welcomed (negative or positive) whether it is showing appreciation for the care and treatment received or expressing concerns or offering suggestions to improve practices at the hospital.