"Excellent facilities and care received from..."

About: North Manchester General Hospital

I recently attended the birthing centre to delivery my daughter, the staff and facilities were excellent. I felt very well cared for and supported through the labouring process and delivery. Post delivery the staff remained attentive and considerate of both me and my husband. They came across as very efficient and professional.

The maternity assessment unit had no gas and air facility which presumably would not be difficult to supply via a bottle on a trolley? Though my time spent in this unit was limited it felt agonisingly long without pain relief other than paracetamol and codeine.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your visit to the Maternity department at North Manchester General Hospital.

We are glad you were happy with the service we provided and that the staff were efficient and professional.

We will forward your comments regarding the unit not having any gas and air to the department manager.

If you would like this matter investigated, could you please contact the Patients Advice Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897