"Absolutely Dire"

About: Bristol Royal Infirmary

Firstly I had to wait in pain for over four hours to be seen. When I was finally seen the Doctor didn't seem to care, he was didn't seem to listen to me he seemed to not listen to the fact that although I am a student I don't drink nor did I eat things that could upset my stomach ( i didn't have vomiting or Diarrhoea), He didn't even wish to test my urine but he did in the end and realised I had blood in my wee, however he just didn't seem to care about the fact I was in a lot of pain and eventually I was discharged six hours after arriving and told that I would have a follow up two weeks later, I didn't receive a letter stating when my appointment was so in the end my GP arranged an appointment at a different hospital after about 5-6 weeks. I am none the wiser of what happened now some four months later, and being a student I have had to go home and these delays have shocked the GP that I am now visiting, and I am just angry at the way I was treated, even my mother was shocked about this she had never known anything like it..

Response from Bristol Royal Infirmary

We are very concerned to hear about your experience. Please can you contact our Patient Support & Complaints Team (pals@uhbristol.nhs.uk / 0117 342 3604) as soon as possible so that we can investigate this matter further.