"Kind and friendly staff but dirty, overcrowded and..."

About: William Harvey Hospital

The staff were all very friendly and kind.

The waiting area was full beyond capacity and didn't have a seat for first hour I was there. I had to stand and when a person is in pain the last thing they want to do is stand. You need to have a lot more seats available. I was not the only person standing, there were at least 10 other people having to stand. It was very hot in waiting area because of no air conditioning or fans. The waiting area also was filthy and didn't see a cleaner the whole time we were there. I found that other areas were also very dirty. I know they were very busy but having a cleaner or two would help.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

I am very sorry to hear your experience wasn't particularly a pleasant one. I will pass your comments on to the relevant person in that department to see if there are any changes they can make to rectify the situation and also feedback your comments to the staff about being very friendly and kind . If you would like to hear back from us with the outcome, you can contact the Patient Experience Team on Tel 01277 783 145 or email PatientExperience@ekht.nhs.uk who will be happy to help you. In the mean time thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Patient Experience Manager