"Gold standard mternity care!"

About: Darent Valley Hospital

It has taken me ages to write this review.....been busy with my new baby. I moved to Dartford from a London Borough a few weeks before my due date and was nervous about giving birth at Darrent Valley. I had heard only good things but was still nervous. I should not have been, the care when i arrived at hospital was excellent. My labour did not go to plan and i was placed on a foetal monitor for hours. During this time the staff checked on my and kept me informed of my progress and baby's welfare. I eventually had to have an emergency c-section, my worst nightmare but the staff were so reassuring all my anxieties disappeared! The hospital website states that they provide support with breasft feeding...it is not just a gimmick they really do. I started to get breast feeding support in recovery after my section up until the day i left. In fact even before discharge i was asked if i felt ready to go home and whether i still needed support with breastfeeding. Fabulous! I am definately singing the praises of Darrent Valley staff. This hospital is gold standard in my books. I could not have asked for better care.

Response from Darent Valley Hospital

Thank you so much for your super comments. All the staff involved in your care have been informed and congratulations to all your family on the birth of your new baby.