About: St Mary's Hospital (London) St Mary's Hospital (London) London W2 1NY
What could be improved
I had a kidney removed in June. The issues I would like to raise are as follows:-
1. The drinking water was distributed at about 10am and was always tepid. The water jugs were left there all day until the evening when they were replaced with more tepid water. Apparently there was no fridge facility to keep water cool.
2. Breakfasts were served late morning..and in the 5 days there I was never able to have a piece of toast as apparently the toaster was broken.
3. All other meals were almost inedible.. I would have thought that a healthy meal would be advantageous to recovery.. however this is certainly not the case.
4. Bath towels left on the bathroom floor were left there almost all day.
5. Taps at the ward basins carried on running for several minutes after been turned off.
6. Several mornings I had to make my own bed because this didn't seem to be something the nursing staff did unless specifically asked.
7. There was insufficient natural light in the ward and certainly no fresh air circulating.
8. There was no visual of the world outside and most of the day is spent lying there staring at a blank white wall.
9. Senior nursing staff taking over a shift would do the 'rounds' for a patient summary and there would be no eye contact with the patient, or a good morning or a smile.. or any friendly disposition whatsoever.