"Rude, uncommunicative and useless staff."

About: Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

The midwife during the birth was wonderful.

None of the people that provided care before or after the birth were helpful at all. I was given very little information about what they were doing and how long I'd be in hospital for, nobody bothered to change or feed my child on the first night (I was unconscious due to complications), and even though my consultant had spoken to the maternity department previously and scheduled my induction to make sure there was blood available for a transfusion due to my anaemia, it took them over 24 hours to begin my transfusion which, of course, they started exactly at 10pm so my husband wasn't there to do nappy changes while I was being transfused. Moreover, when I got so desperately tired that I asked the midwives to bottle-feed (I was falling asleep on my baby by this point) they were rude, judgemental and patronising. I understand they can't promote it but a little understanding wouldn't have been out of place.

Response from Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

We are extremely concerned to read your comments. We would very much welcome the opportunity of discussing this in more detail in order that we can fully investigate, even though this was several months ago. If you have not already done so, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at PALS@ngh.nhs.uk or 01604 545784 - they will be able to offer you confidential advice, support and information on how this can be done.