"Caring,considerate and professional"

About: Tameside General Hospital

My nephew (3) arrived at A&E on Sunday with what I suspected to be a fractured ankle. After showing great patience taking his details we were only waiting a short while (in hospital terms!) before being taken through for X-rays and on to pediatric A&E. The doctor explained his problem clearly and the nurses really treated us both properly, ensuing my nephew had something to eat, toys to play with and something to drink - this is as important as medical treatment when dealing with a small child. To ensure his treatment was followed up correctly he was then immediately booked in with the fracture clinic at his local hospital, this was to ensure there would be no lost records, appointments etc. and I'm pleased to report following this appointment, his beautifully applied plaster is now off! I cannot thank the staff and recommend them highly enough. My nephew now thinks a day in A & E is a great day out. Thank you.

Response from Tameside General Hospital

Thank you for your positve comments. We will ensure this is passed onto the Unit.

Kind regards,

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust.